Theme: Within Reach
- These are the basic rules for Film Production. For more detailed rules, please click the link, below.
- A Film Production entry must be an original work of fiction or non-fiction, with or without sound. It can be animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, or a media presentation (no PowerPoint).
- Be sure to give the artwork a unique title (The title should not be "Within Reach").
- The student must be the director, screenwriter, and cameraperson. Storyboarding and editing must also be done by the student.
- Please note that the student must do all the camera work, or the camera must be on a tripod. Entries in which another person does the camera work will be disqualified at higher levels of judging, even if the student appears in the video.
- It must not exceed 5 minutes or 1 GB. Submit 2 DVDs or USB drives saved as a file, not as a DVD movie or cda file. Some entries were disqualified last year because they were not in one of the accepted formats: AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, FLV or F4V, and they could not be played on the judge's computer.
- Label the file, and each of the 2 DVD/USB drives with the STATE. ARTS CATEGORY. GRADE DIVISION. LAST NAME. FIRST NAME (eg. CA.FILM.PRI.SMITH.JOSEPH or CA.FILM.INT.DOOLITTLE.ELIZA).
- Entries must be accompanied by a Student Entry Form. For videos that depict a person or people, a Consent Form must be included for each person depicted. Entries are due into the Reflections box near the Main Office by October 17, 2017. Good luck!