Theme: Within Reach
- These are the basic rules for Visual Arts. For more detailed rules, please click the link, below.
- A Visual Arts entry must be original architecture (2D/3D), carpentry, ceramics, collages, computer-generated image, crafts, dioramas, drawing, jewelry, kites, mobiles, painting, sculpture, wind chimes, and several other forms (please click on the detailed instructions, below). Laminating is discouraged.
- Be sure to give the artwork a unique title (The title should not be "Within Reach").
- Paper entries must be mounted on sturdy material. Framed artwork, or artwork containing loose materials cannot be accepted.
- The dimensions must not exceed 24x30" for 2D artwork, including mounting or matting.
- For 3D entries, they must be easily movable (but not easily breakable) for display purposes. They must include packing materials and 3 photos of the entry (at different angles) for judging. Entries that require assembly, or that require repair, will be disqualified.
- No parent handwriting should appear on the face of the artwork.
- Please do not tape, glue, or staple the entry form to the back of the artwork. Attach the form with a paper clip. Label the back of the entry (and the back of the photos for 3D entries) with the STATE. ARTS CATEGORY. GRADE DIVISION. LAST NAME. FIRST NAME (eg. CA.VISUAL.PRI.SMITH.JOSEPH or CA.VISUAL.INT.DOOLITTLE.ELIZA).
- Entries must be accompanied by a Student Entry Form. For a photographic collage that depicts people, a Consent Form must be included for each person depicted. Entries are due into the Reflections box near the Main Office by October 17, 2017. Good luck!